jaimearnold13

jaimearnold13

Obsidian (Lux Novel)

Obsidian - Jennifer L. Armentrout When I found out this book was about aliens I was kind of leery about reading it. I’ve never read an alien book before like Katy the MC in the book aliens weren’t hot they are little green men or like ET. But when the twitter verse especially my blog partner and another fellow blogger who’s judgment I completely trust started talking about Daemon and his absolute hotness I had to give it a shot. I’m very glad I did!Obsidian reminds me of one of my favorite TV shows of all time Roswell I even found some similarities in the characters Dee is a lot like Isobel and Daemon’s douchy attitude totally reminded me of Michael’s. Katy? Definitely a cross between Liz and Maria. If you haven’t seen the show trust me it’s awesome and on Netflix ;) and so is this book it’s flipping fantabulous! Daemon is seriously smoking hot he’s making my top 10 book boyfriend list for sure!What I loved about Katy is she’s a book nerd and I know other reviews have said this but she’s a blogger and OMG how cool is that? Also I love her fire and the fact that she doesn’t put up with Daemon’s shit. I get so sick of girls putting up with the douche guy’s attitude because she thinks he’ll come around. Ooh and one more thing about Katy she loves nerds they’re my favorite candy! There’s this particular scene that made me want to take a cold shower after reading it I’m gonna share a little bit of it here ;)“I’m not even attracted to you.”Lie. Ding! Ding! Lie. “Not even a little bit. You’re-“ Daemon was in front of me in a flash, not an inch from my face.“I’m what?”“Ignorant,” I said, taking a step back.“And?” He matched my step.“Arrogant. Controlling.” I took another step back, but he was still in my personal space and then some. “And you’re a jerk.”“Oh I’m sure you can do better than that kitten.” His voice was low as he inched me backward. I barely heard him over the pounding of the rain and the thundering of my heart. “Because I seriously doubt you’re not attracted to me.”I know a little longer than most scenes I share but OMG I could’ve kept going but I would spoil some smexiness :0Anyhoo this book is hawt and has a strong heroine whom I didn’t want to throttle once. I want an alien like Daemon for my own!