jaimearnold13

jaimearnold13

Stolen Away

Stolen Away - Alyxandra Harvey Stolen Away was a cute short read! In my opinion it doesn’t come close to some of the other amazing fey novels out there like the Wicked Lovely, Iron Fey, of Wondrous Strange series but it was a good story. It’s told in two POV’s the main POV is Eloise and honestly I didn’t care for her parts that much. The POV that I liked and that kept me interested was her best friend Jo’s. Jo had me cracking up with her attempts at using British slang and her arguing with a faery the size of a flower. I also loved that she was fiercely protective of her friends and didn’t care if she looked like an idiot or got dirty defending them. There’s a fair share of swoon worthy guys in this the main 3 being Lucas, Eldric, and Devin but I really didn’t feel an intense attraction to any of them. I guess if I had to choose I’d pick Eldric because he reminded me the most of my fey crushes Ash, Irial, Niall, and Sonny.The story itself played out pretty well there wasn’t much originality to it there were parts of faery lore that we have seen in other books but like I said it was cute and funny. I also liked that it read fast and it’s a stand alone novel.Here’s a quick passage and a glimpse into Jo’s mind.Isadora gave a long-suffering sigh, folded her arms over her chest, and refused to elaborate. Fortunately, Lucas didn’t have any such compunctions.“Isadora was lady of her ancestral rath,” he explained. “Until she was transformed and could hold it no longer.”“She was shrunk,” I explained for the others. She glared at me and I shrugged. “Well you were. You said so yourself.”“By who?” Devin asked. “Evil sorcerer? Troll king? Man, this is just like D&D.”I snorted “Not quite.”“What then?”“A poet.”Silence.“A poet?”I nodded. “Apparently he ‘believed’ her into being wee.”Devin wiped cookie crumbs off his shirt and sprawled back into his chair. “I told you English class was bad for my health.”