jaimearnold13

jaimearnold13

Partials

Partials - I really liked this book! I’m not going to say loved as there were a few things that I didn’t like but, I was able to overlook them for the most part. I guess I’ll start out with what I didn’t enjoy first. The length of the book; this book took longer than most to get through and I feel it could have been shorter I hope the rest of the books in the series are because I do plan to read them. I found myself asking “when is this going to end” a few times. The second thing I didn’t enjoy; I felt no emotional connection to any of the characters in the story my heart didn’t race during the action sequences and I didn’t get upset when something bad happened. I also usually have a crush on one of the male characters in a book but I didn’t find myself drawn to any of them. So no swooning over a boy in this one for me guys.Now on to what I did like. The story itself was awesome and beautifully written! I really liked the idea and the way Dan Wells envisioned the world and how they came to be after the wars. Kira is a pretty badass heroine and her circle of friends were also pretty awesome! I also really liked the description of the places in the story I could easily visualize them. I really want to learn more about the partials themselves and I hope book 2 is more about them and the mysterious Para-Gen. Oh and the cover was gorgeous! Like I said I definitely will be reading book 2 and I am looking forward to it!