jaimearnold13

jaimearnold13

Half-Blood (Covenant Series #1)

Half-Blood - Jennifer L. Armentrout Well one thing I can for sure say about Half Blood is why the hell did it take me so long to read it???? I don’t know why but I’m hitting myself for not reading it sooner.This book was AWESOME (I said that in a sing-song voice btw) I swear if I didn’t have obligations like sleeping, eating, and work I would have inhaled this book in one sitting! I loved Alex from the very beginning of the first page of Daimon (the prequel) which was amazeballs as well. Her strength and selflessness remind me of what a true heroine is. Don’t get me wrong she’s stubborn, impulsive, and self depreciating too but that makes her more real. Aiden St. Delphi stole my heart even though I didn’t want him to. I normally don’t fall for the strong, silent, noble, stoic type but the passion in him; those few times we actually get to see it made me forget that about him. I normally fall for the guy like Seth who has a hint of danger behind him and is funny and sarcastic and I did love him too just not as much as Aiden. Jennifer has also written a great cast of secondary characters that I either adored or hated the instant I met them.The story itself was brilliant! I loved her take on the mythology behind the Hematoi and I didn’t find myself searching for my Greek Mythology book once. Yes I’m a dork who has that kind of book. I actually didn’t care about looking up if anything was right or wrong I just enjoyed the story immensely. The idea of the Daimons was a great take on a bad guy and the caste system in which the Pures and Halfs live in IMO is another bad guy it essentially takes away people’s choices. There were some things that happened that had me hanging on the edge of my seat especially the steamy moments between Aiden and Alex, and others that had me cringing like I could actually feel the pain Alex was going through.So here’s the scene I chose to share it’s a little bit of steam from Alex and Aiden ;0His gaze and fingers followed some unseen path as he rolled me on top. “You’re so beautiful. So Brave, so full of life.” He guided my head down and dropped a sweet kiss against the scar on my neck. “You have no idea, do you? You have so much life in you, so much.”I tipped my head back and he kissed the tip of my nose.”Really?”“Yes” He brushed my hair back from my face. “Since the night I saw you in Georgia, you’ve been under my skin. You got inside me, became part of me. I can’t shake it. It’s wrong.” He shifted us, rolling me across the bed until he leaned above me “Agapi mou, I can’t…” He brought his lips down to mine once more.Want more of that steam? Buy the book! I absolutely loved it and I can’t wait to read the next one Pure!