jaimearnold13

jaimearnold13

Hallowed (Unearthly Series #2)

Hallowed (Unearthly Series #2) - Some people say it’s not good to let your personal feelings get in the way when reviewing a book. I am not one of those people and if I’m feeling a certain way when I’m reading it sometimes makes the reading experience more pleasurable. With this book I think I was crying or sad for the last half of it. I had a family member pass a couple months ago so knowing there was going to be a death even if I didn’t know who was going to die, it kind of set up my mood for the book. That being said I really loved the Hallowed it was actually really perfect for my mood I needed a good cry. Now this may not be what most people feel I saw comments in my goodreads feed and they couldn’t understand why I was so sad most people just weren’t in the mood I was in when they read it.On to the good stuff Clara has some tough times in this one and believe it or not I actually (Team Tucker don’t kill me!) found myself rooting for Christian. He was there all the time where Tucker was I wouldn’t say MIA but, he wasn’t around as much as I would have liked him to have been. They learn so much more about each other it became hard not to see why Clara and Christian belonged together also his deep green eyes probably helped convince me. There didn’t seem to be very much action in this one more story getting us ready for book 3 I suppose but, it didn’t seem to matter I got wrapped up easily in the story and found myself reading late into the night. We get to meet Clara’s dad in this one and I think besides the Christian scenes he was one of my favorite additions to the book. The bad guy (the Dark Wing) to me became not so bad when you figured out his motives I actually felt bad for the guy. I wanted to kick Clara’s brother Jeffrey’s butt he was such a jerk but I guess he had his reasons as well.So the quote I chose for this one will probably make the Team Tucker fans mad at me but I really can’t help it. I wouldn’t say I’ve converted to Team Christian I just have a new appreciation of him now.He pulls me to my feet. “I didn’t know at first, how I felt about it. I didn’t want to be forced, you know? I wanted it to be my choice. But every time I’m around you, it feels right,” he says “I feel stronger. Braver, even. I feel the glory inside me, this power moving through me. I feel like I could do anything, face anything. With you”Ok stop swooning there’s a lot more of this and not just the Christian moments the one’s with Tuck in there are very swoon worthy and sweet too.