jaimearnold13

jaimearnold13

Under the Never Sky

Under the Never Sky - This story was a fantastic mix of dystopia and fantasy! The world that Veronica wrote about is something that is both something that is of our world and something that is not but quite possibly could be someday. Another thing I absolutely loved about this book was it was told from two POV’s so we got to feel what Aria and Perry were both thinking and feeling. The lands described in the story are vivid I could almost feel the wind pick up and the air charge with energy when an aether storm came, and feel the sensation of rocks sliding through my fingers. I also felt Perry’s angst and Aria’s suffering and also love emanating off the pages. I could smell violets every time they were mentioned I will not say in what context because it might spoil something and I could hear Aria singing Tosca which is awesome because I love that opera! (Yes Jaime likes opera shhh)I will admit in the beginning Aria annoyed me a bit. I think it’s because she was kinda whiny but, who wouldn’t be? She lived a sheltered life ,never experiencing anything real she did everything in virtual reality. She did grow and by the end of the story I really liked her! Perry on the other hand, I fell in love with his POV from his first chapter his strength and protectiveness leaked off the pages and into my heart. He had me swooning in the scenes with his nephew Talon whom I loved too what a great kid! There were also other characters that I grew fond of Roar for one I’ll use the description from Aria’s POV.“Up close, she saw a gleam in Roar’s gaze. He had a prince’s looks but a pirate’s eyes. Roar smiled, an appealing, clever flash. Aria laughed. Definitely more pirate. Roar laughed at her laugh, and she decided on the spot she liked him.” Ok I like Roar a lot! I even told Veronica that I loved him and she told me he was a heart breaker ;) The other characters I really liked were Marron and Cinder you’ll see why when you read the book. They all play an important part in the story.I really loved this book and I can’t wait for book 2 which will probably be another nail biting long year. Thanks Harper Teen and Veronica Rossi for sending me an ARC and letting me be a part of this journey! Under the Never Sky comes out January 3, 2012 and is available for pre-order so go to Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or The Book Depository to grab your copy now! Make sure to check out Veronica’s Blog for news, updates, and even some contests!