jaimearnold13

jaimearnold13

Fateful

Fateful - Claudia Gray Let me start by saying when I read the synopsis for this book I was very worried for two reasons one I am a huge Titanic fan (not just the movie) I have studied the history, read many books, and seen many documentaries. Second I'm not really a big fan of werewolf books but, I love Claudia Gray's writing and her Evernight series so when I had a chance to read and review a copy of Fateful I jumped at the chance! I knew right away I was either going to love this book or hate it and I was happily surprised when I completely fell in love with the book and the characters! Just one quick addition about the Titanic part of the story not only was this story well thought out but Claudia must have done a good amount of research because what she does write of the ship is very detailed.What I loved about this story was that the ship wasn't the main character the people were! The ship was always lingering there in the background but lets face we know what happens to the RMS Titanic it sinks! So I was blissfully happy that even though I knew what happened to the ship I did not know what was going to happen with the characters. Were they going to go down with the ship (like Leo did in the movie)? Were they going to survive (which I had my fingers crossed for)? I had no clue and that's what kept me on the edge of my seat reading much later than I should have. The love between Alec and Tess was intense for many reasons she was a maidservant he was first class, she was human he was a werewolf, he was being hunted down by his own kind to join some brotherhood, he could possibly kill her, and lastly the ship sinking. Through all that though their connection deepens to many of the other characters disapproval and scorning. It's like through everything they save each other (no that's not spoilery I didn't say if they die). I also loved the supporting cast of characters especially Alec's dad who has sacrificed so much for his son and Tess's new found friends in steerage.Fateful comes out September 13th so go buy it!Happy Reading!