jaimearnold13

jaimearnold13

Released

Released - Megan Duncan First I want to say I love reading Indie authors books and spreading the love especially when the books is as well written as Released. Megan takes dystopian to a different level.The MC Abby is a truly kick ass girl who's not afraid to get dirty or shoot something in the face if need be and I really liked that about her. She also had times of vulnerability that I thought were very true to her character. One cannot be strong all the time. I also loved that even during a demon apocalypse she made the time to paint her nails I know its trivial but it was something she needed to do to calm her nerves. I also really adored Max he wanted to protect Abby at all cost including sacrificing his own life. I did find her brother Carter to be a bit arrogant and annoying but maybe that was just me.I really enjoyed Megan's take on the dystopian genre with the baddies being demons from hell instead of zombies or human factions. I also liked the way she described the creatures as birds, hounds, bear like creatures, and little gremlins. She also did throw a cult in the story for good measure. This was definitely a fast read that flowed easily. I found myself feeling for Abby and her band of travelling friends hoping and crossing my fingers that they found what they were looking for at the end of the transmission. The ending definitely had a cliffhanger that made me want the second book right now. So if you enjoy a world filled with demons, kick ass heroines, and hot boys I suggest you get Released!