jaimearnold13

jaimearnold13

The Emerald Talisman

The Emerald Talisman - Brenda Pandos Ok first off I'm going to tell you I'm a bit biased in my review. I am a Northern California girl and the places that Brenda writes about in this book are close to my heart. As a child I went camping in Scott's Valley with my Grandparents in the redwoods and, I have spent many a spring break at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk along with downtown and the other beaches. On to the review. I completely fell in love with Julia's character she reminded of myself back in high school which hardly ever happens in other books. I also loved her group of friends they definitely reminded of mine we were a diverse crew back then. It's funny because she talks about the rival high school Soquel and my school played them in water polo tournaments so I felt I knew these schools very well. Julia can sense emotions in people and she hides it very well, her mother died when she was young in some kind of accident so she lives with her dad who is always travelling for work and her brother Luke whom I absolutely loved (He could have a story of his own and I'd read it). I loved the story between Julia and Nicholas but he's tall dark and hamdsome so he's totally my type. She's constantly in trouble with the vampires Nicholas calls her a "vampire magnet" but he's always there trying to save her. I like that Julia is stubborn and wants to help Nicholas kill the vampires even she has no idea what to do. You can feel the intense connection between these characters and pull for them to end up happy after all the suffering. This story has suspense, action, funny moments, and most of all love. So if you want to read a book that you can't put down (I mean literally I was up til 4 a.m. reading it) pick up The Emerald Talisman you wont be disappointed also grab The Sapphire Talisman while you're at it so you can continue Julia and NIcholas's story.