jaimearnold13

jaimearnold13

Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely Series #5)

Darkest Mercy - Melissa Marr Words cannot explain how I feel about this book but I will try. Darkest Mercy the final book in the Wicked Lovely series is amazing! It completely wraps up each of our beloved characters story lines. Throughout this book you’ll laugh, cry, scream out of frustration, want to poke something with a hot fire poker, and then cry some more. Melissa’s world of Huntsdale is a place where I want to live. I would be in the Winter Court of course because of my love for Donia but, I do really enjoy the other courts especially the Dark Court. So in this story Bannanach (War) who by the way is completely evil; attempts to split the courts apart and start a war; what she doesn’t realize is the relationships these other characters have forged. Winter, Dark, and Summer along with a few solitaries band together to take War down and kill her and stop her followers from destroying all Fey. We do see a small bit of Fairy but as their story was pretty much wrapped up in Radiant Shadows, this one take place almost solely in Huntsdale. For those of you who have read all of these books and formed attachments to the characters in this book be warned no one come out unscathed Melissa has no problem torturing or killing people in her books. There were some moments in the book where I was like “how can you do this?” but then I realized the reasons for it. There was one couple that throughout the series I had a feeling would end up together others I was not too sure of. Even though some of couples surprised me I was completely happy with who ended up together and how. I don’t want to post spoilers so no there will not be hints. Melissa has created a Wickedly Lovely set of stories and with the finale of Darkest Mercy you will not be disappointed. So go buy Darkest Mercy in bookstores February 22nd. Huge thanks to Melissa Marr for letting me enter a wonderful contest and win this ARC.